February 12, 2008

Oh, my

The snow is steadily falling outside, and I really should make my way outside and start the trek home. The actual drive is quite short, but the 900+ foot difference in elevation between work and home can make life interesting. I've been thinking about a Lenten observance post, and may still get to it. Basically, I am resolving to:

1) Make a list whenever I shop. Only buy what's on the list. I can amend a list, but I must write down what I am buying. It's actually already been great for reducing impulse buys.

2) Do not threaten to remove a toy in order to gain compliance from the young man. It's manipulative. This is more challenging.

I should add pay more attention to my husband, but this is a family blog (I think), and I'm talking about more than a casual nod in his direction and acknowledgment of his existence, if you know what I mean. There ought to be a support group for postpartum fathers. Way, way postpartum.

No comments: